Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Inspirational Comics: Soul Eater

If I've learned anything about storytelling over the years, I've learned that one of the most important thing a storyteller can do is grab the reader's interest right at the beginning, and never let go. This is what the author of SOUL EATER managed to do to me. The world the story takes place in is totally unique, with an evil Sun and Moon that hover in the sky which occasionally attempt to screw the characters over. The characters are simply loveable, with unique personalities that are almost impossible to dislike. The story is intriguing, the action scenes are well thought out, and then there's the artstyle. Ah yes the art style, the aspect that probably caught my attention in the first place. For lack of a better word and patience to come up with one, I'll just describe it as incredible. Check it out if you ever get the chance. But just be warned, it can be a bit, err... eechi.


No comments:

Post a Comment